If you’re like us and have a weakness for chocolate, peanut butter and dates, it simply doesn’t get any better than this.
These chocolate covered dates with peanut butter filling are super easy to make and require only three ingredients if you omit the topping), which makes now makes them some of our favorite healthy snacks to make for morning- or afternoon tea.
Chocolate covered dates with peanut butter filling
- 7 medjool dates
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 7 tsp peanut butter of your choice
- shredded coconut for topping, optional
- Make a slit lengthwise in each date, and remove the pit. Fill each date with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. Transfer the dates to a plate and place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Chop the chocolate finely and melt ⅓ of it in a water bath. Remove from heat, let cool a little and then add the remaining chocolate. Stir and let cool a bit more.
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with some shredded coconut and let set in the fridge. Enjoy!