Recept med max tio ingredienser för en enklare vardag. Busenkel vegansk mat! I Världens enklaste vegomat! hittar du över 70 recept som är både spännande och kreativa samtidigt som de visar hur enkelt och gott det veganska köket kan vara – lås mer.
The first time I made my very own seitan meat I was over the moon, it was like a whole new door had opened full of possibilities! Before I tried I had deemed it to be too complicated to even giving it a go, but I quickly found that as long as you have the vital wheat gluten, making the actual fake meat is very simple.
This is my latest version of many attempts of trying to perfect seitan sausages, and one that I really love. I find that adding some tofu makes the texture less tough.
I use this recipe as a foundation, and then I often like to add herbs or other spices to flavour it in different ways. I sometimes make a batch on Sundays and then use the “meat” throughout the week in different variations, from salads to soups or just as they are – enjoy!
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (or soy flour)
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g/10 oz tofu
- Combine all the dry in gredients in a bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients with a blender to a smooth mixture, and then add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until the ingredients are sticking together. Divide the dough in 10 smaller pieces and roll them into sausages. Wrap each sausage up in tin foil and steam for 30 minutes, either in a steamer or in a sieve over a pot of boiling water (cover with a lid!). You can also bake the sausages in the oven for 1 hour at 175°/350F but the consistency will be slightly tougher.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or whatever you fancy!