Updated 24th May, 2018
Vegobox care about our customers' personal integrity. Please take a few minutes of your time and read through this text explaining what personal data we save, how we use them and what rights you have. Hejpack AB ("Vegobox", "we" or "us") owns the personal data collected through or in cooperation with www.vegobox.com and all associated web pages ("the website").
Also read our Terms & Conditions.
Responsible over privacy details
Org nr: 5590987979
Address: Hejpack AB
414 76 Göteborg, Sweden
1. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information when you provide them directly to us and through the use of our website. It could be:
● Information you provide when using our website www.vegobox.com (such as names, contact information, product reviews, and information you provide on your account).
● The information you provide to us in forms on the vegobox.com website, such as by signing up, applying for a subscription, posting material or applying for other services.
● Details of purchases you make through the website and about the fulfillment of your orders.
● Correspondence you have had with us (for example, if you contacted customer service or interacted with us via social media).
● Information you have provided when you participated in competitions or questionnaires.
● Information we collected automatically through cookies or other tracking tools (such as which webpages you visited and if you clicked any link in our newsletter). We can also collect information about which device you used to visit our website.
● Other information you provide when visiting our website, such as wherever you are visiting our website, provided you give your consent to this.
1.2 - How do we use this data?
Depending on how you use our website, how you interact with us, and what you allow us to share, the purpose for which we collect these tasks includes:
● To be able to complete your order and keep your account on our website. Vegobox collects and processes the data you voluntarily provide to Vegobox when creating and using an account. Your e-mail address is your login name and is also used for Vegobox to help you recover your password. As an account holder, you also provide your phone number so our freight suppliers can send sms-avier when your ordered products come to a representative. As an account holder, you also agree that Vegobox may contact you at your registered email address to access current offers for Vegobox members. The treatment is based on a balance of interests as a legal basis, where Vegobox's legitimate interest is that it is necessary to process the data to offer this service.
● To handle and answer questions and emails that come to our customer service.
● To improve and maintain the quality of our website, as well as monitor usage on the same.
● To send advertisements in case you approve this or otherwise, you may do so.
● For security reasons, for example to investigate fraud and, if necessary, to protect us or our subcontractors.
● To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We refer to the following legal grounds, under the Data Protection Act, regarding our right to handle your personal data:
● Because it is necessary to handle personal information in order to establish a contract with you, or to prepare a contract with you (for example, we use your personal information to make payment and make a purchase when you place an order with us).
● Because we have received your approval (for example, when you contact our customer service, when you add information about you to your profile or when you approve we send you advertising).
● Because it is in our legal interest as an e-store to maintain and provide our services. We always want to know more about our customers' needs and wishes to offer the best possible products and customer experiences.
When you register as a Vegobox subscriber, we ask for your permission to send emails, both regarding your subscription and other emails, such as our newsletter with tips, news in the Vegobranch and Vegobox, offers, recipes and discounts.
These emails will be sent to you even after you end your subscription for Vegobox, but you can choose to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the mejlutick.
If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we will still be able to contact you with service information (such as order and delivery confirmation, unsuccessful order attempt, and information about your rights).
You can also be exposed for advertising to us on other websites as well as social media. These ads can be tailored to you by collecting data through cookies (which records your browsing history, which allows us to create ads for people who visited our website). If you see ads on social media, it may be due to collaborations with social media users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this promotion may include sharing your email address with this network.
When you use our site, personal data may be collected via e.g. cookies. This is only done through a separate consent. This will store the information about your use and the pages that are visited. This could be technical information about your device and internet connection such as operating system, browser version, IP address, cookies, and unique identifiers. When visiting our websites where our services are provided, different techniques can be used to recognize you in order to learn more about our users. This can be done directly or through the use of third party technology.
4. Who gets access to this information?
We share customer information to subcontractors as follows:
● With our subcontractors and companies that provide services to us, such as payment processors, distribution companies, warehouses and freight companies.
● With our corporate advisors and lawyers.
● With subcontractors working to prevent and detect the existence of fraud.
● With police or other government agencies, such as to report fraud or in accordance with a compelling request.
● In other contexts where we have your consent to do so or the law requires it.
These recipients are only allowed to process your personal data for Vegobox's bill when they perform a service for Vegobox. Vegobox takes all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection when transferred to, or shared with, such selected third parties. In order to complete the service, Vegobox may share your information such as name, address and phone to distribution companies and warehouses.
We hire subcontractors based around the world. Hence, your personal data may be handled in countries outside of Europe, including countries where you have a lower level of legal protection regarding your personal data than in your home country. If we send personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected, preferably in accordance with the EU's standard contractual clauses.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need them in accordance with the above purpose, which means that the duration will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, if you made a purchase with us, we will keep your information as long as required for billing, tax and insurance reasons. We may also keep our correspondence with you (for example, if you have made a complaint about a product) as long as necessary to protect us from legal requirements. When we no longer need to save information, we will delete it. Please note that we will save your e-mail address even if you opt out of our newsletter, to ensure that we do not send the newsletter to your address in the future, unless you contact us and ask us to delete it.
We ensure that the data leaving our website is encrypted. This process involves the conversion of information or data to code to prevent unauthorized access. Our website follows this regulatory framework and uses safe methods to ensure the protection of all credit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are used to protect personal information sent to or from our secure communication channel website. While we do everything in our power to always protect personal information on our website, we can not guarantee the protection and integrity of data on our website.
Children - Our website is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not consciously collect personal data about children under 18 years of age.
7. Your rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access them, move them, change them and request that we delete all your personal information. You also have the right to object to Vegobox’s processing of personal data.
We will follow all your wishes to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable laws. However, please note that there are limitations to these rights and that there may be circumstances when we are unable to comply with your requests.
In order to leave requests for your personal information or if you have questions regarding your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below. You are also entitled to contact your local regulatory authority with data protection issues.
9. Third Party Websites
The site may contain links to websites operated by one of our partners, advertisers, or group companies or other third parties. Please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for these. Read these privacy policies before leaving personal information to such websites.
10. Contact us
You can contact our support at [email protected]