These vegan cupcakes are a true favourite of ours, the vanilla muffin base has a lovely fluffy texture, and the frosting is perfectly creamy and firm.
If you want to make something for a potluck, birthday party or just because you love vegan cupcakes, these are a must!
Vegan Cupcakes with Blackberry Frosting
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup blackberries, optional
- 100g / 3.5 oz non-dairy butter
- 100g / 3.5 oz Sour Supreme
- 1 cup icing sugar
- about 5 blackberries
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/356 F and place muffin cups in a muffin tray. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients (oil, soy milk, vanilla, vinegar) in a large bowl, add the dry mixture and stir to combine (be careful not to over mix). If you want you can even add some blackberries to the muffin mixture.
- Pour the batter in the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
- Mash blackberries and press through a sieve so you get 1 tbsp of juice.
- Mix butter and icing sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add Sour Supreme and continue mixing. Add the juice and mix to a smooth mixture. Add more icing sugar if the mixture is too runny. Decorate on top of cupcakes.