When it comes to this chocolate mud cake, the goal is to make a cake that is sturdy enough to slice and even hold in your hand, but to be completely sticky and gooey on the inside once you bite into it.
After several attempts and tweaking of ingredients, we have finally made it: the perfect vegan chocolate mud cake!
It’s firm to the touch, sticky on the inside and has a lovely chocolate flavor without being too rich or over powering. Yumm….
Vegan Mud Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 100 g / 3.5 oz non-dairy butter
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, salt, cocoa and flour in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a pot and the chocolate over a hot-water bath.
- Stir in melted butter, milk, cream and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir to a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a greased cake form (18 cm) dusted with bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes in the oven at 175°C.