There is something especially comforting about oatmeal cookies. They’re classic, cheap, easy and quick to make, and come in all sorts of variations!
In the past few weeks we’ve tested lots of varieties, and these are some of our favourites, with vegan white chocolate (for example from the February box or this month’s vegan box!) and cranberries, or raisins for a simpler version.
Vegan oatmeal cookies with white chocolate and cranberries
Yields between 15–20 cookies
- 100 g non-dairy margarine
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g flour
- 100 g oats
- 1 msk bakingsoda
- a pinch of salt
- a handful cranberries (or raisins)
- 80 g roughly chopped vegan white chocolate, optional
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Melt margarine, brown sugar and golden syrup in a small pot until the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the melted margarine mix and combine the ingredients well to a sticky dough.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mix and place on the baking sheets, making sure they are spaced well apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes, let cool on the baking sheet for a little bit, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!