Recept med max tio ingredienser för en enklare vardag. Busenkel vegansk mat! I Världens enklaste vegomat! hittar du över 70 recept som är både spännande och kreativa samtidigt som de visar hur enkelt och gott det veganska köket kan vara – lås mer.
These vegan thumbprint cookies are a veganized version of tratidional Swedish cookies that also go by the name ”Raspberry caves”, and is believed to be invented some time during the 19th century.
In this recipe we’ve made our own healthy chia jam filling which turned out amazing and something you can also use as a sandwich spread or filling for other cookies and cakes. But you can also use regular jam 😉
Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- 200 g / 7 oz non-dairy butter
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- powder white sugar (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tsp agave syrup (or other light sirap)
- ½ tsp lime or lemon juice, optional
- Mix water and chia seeds in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken. Add thawed raspberries, agavesyrup and lime juice and mix with a stand mixer or in a food processor to a jam. Set aside and prepare the cookie dough.
- Combine butter, vanilla sugar, white sugar and flour and work to a dough. Flatten the dough, put it in a plastic bag and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 175°C/347 F, take pieces from the dough and roll into balls, place them on two baking trays lined with parchment paper and make a thumbprint in each cookie.
- Fill them with the raspberry chia jam and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and dust with some powdered sugar. Serve.